3/14/2013 3:00:00 PM Intercession programs to held next week
Superintendent Jones announces meetings
Switzerland County School Corporation superintendent Mike Jones has announced a series of community roundtables that he will hold around the county.
The meetings will be held on a monthly basis, and will allow the superintendent to meet with members of the community to discuss issues related to the school corporation.
Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of each month, and will begin at 6 p.m. The location of the meeting will rotate through the six townships in the county.
- The first meeting will be held on Thursday, March 21st, and will be at the Florence Firehouse in York Township.
- The April meeting will be held on Thursday, April 18th, at the Moorefield Market.
- The meeting in May will be held on Thursday, May 16th, at Patriot Town Hall.
All meetings are open to the public, and everyone is invited to attend any of the meetings regardless of the township they reside in.
For more information, call 427-2611.
The Switzerland County School Corporation will hold Spring Break beginning at the end of the school day tomorrow (Friday) and with the balanced calendar, most students and staff will have the next two weeks off - not returning until Monday, April 1st.
For some students, however, classes will continue this coming week before students get the second week off as a break.
Switzerland County School Superintendent Mike Jones said that the schools will be holding Intercession Classes during the week of March 18th-22nd. These classes are used for remediation and enrichment.
Superintendent Jones said that letters have been sent out to those students who will be attending the Spring Intercession; and only those students who received letters and returned them should attend.
Limited bus transportation will be available. There will not be bus service in the town of Vevay. There will be no bus service for those high school students who attend in the afternoon.
Activities and programs in the schools include:
Switzerland County Elementary School
- 'Science Extravaganza' for students in grades 3-5. This program will be held from 8-11 a.m. each day.
Jefferson-Craig Elementary School
- Grades 3-4 will hold remediation and enrichment in language arts and math from 8-11 a.m. each day.
- Grades 5-6 will hold remediation and enrichment in language arts and math from 8-11 a.m. each day.
Switzerland County Middle School
- Grades 7-8 will hold remediation and enrichment in language arts and math from 8-11 a.m. each day.
Switzerland County High School
- There will be English 10 and Algebra I remediation each day from 8-11 a.m. and also from 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- There will be Credit Recovery for students who are credit deficient each day from 8-11 a.m. and also from 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Anyone having any questions should contact the school that their child attends.