The Switzerland County Commissioners met on Monday, June 5th, for a regularly scheduled meeting.
In business discussed by the Commissioners:
- Switzerland County Emergeny Management Agency Director Tom Moore presented the 'Hazard Mitigation Plan' to the board, and it was approved.
- Switzerland County YMCA executive director Eric Cole gave the commissioners the financial report for the YMCA and thanked them for their support. He reported that the Y has had a four percent increase of use since opening 24 hours a day. He also updated the board on the energy savings of 10-percent since installing new lights.
- The highway department is obtaining permits for bridge work. The asphalt project bids were open and Dave O'Mara was awarded the contract to resurface 3.3 miles on Plum Creek Road and 2.5 miles on Pleasant Grove Road. The project will cost the county $388,300.
- Steven Jones-Ellard turned in his resignation as President of the Switzerland County Tourism Board.
- The commissioners will be getting a quote to replace the breaker box that controls the electric service around the fence of the courthouse.
- The board approved an estimate from Kings Trucking for work on the Moorefield-Bennington sewage plants. The Moorefield plant estimate is $14,774; and Bennington plant is $12,178. The Indiana Department of Health recommended repairs on both plants. The state requires fence around the wet lands of each plant. Commissioner Mark Lohide will obtain estimates for installing a six foot tall chain link fence at both locations.
- The commissioners addressed the problem of bats in the courthouse.