1/30/2014 3:00:00 PM Winter weather causes sports havoc here
While Switzerland County was out of school for nearly all of last week, the winter weather also caused Pacer athlete contests to be rescheduled.
Switzerland County High School athletic director David Todd has been working with the other schools to find new dates and times to play postponed games.
As of Monday afternoon, here's the new schedule:
- The girls jayvee and varsity games that were supposed to be played at Carroll County this past Saturday afternoon were to be played last night (Wednesday) at Carroll County.
- Tonight (Thursday), the swim meet will be held as scheduled at the Switzerland County YMCA.
The girls jayvee and varsity games at home versus South Ripley will be played beginning at 6 p.m. as scheduled. This is Senior Night, with Bre Ricketts, Erika Coy, and Mercedes Parham being honored.
- Tomorrow (Friday) night, the boys junior varsity and varsity teams will host New Washington as scheduled, with the jayvee starting at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1st, the Wrestling Sectional will be held at Jennings County High School in North Vernon beginning at 9 a.m.
There will be a swim meet at the Switzerland County YMCA beginning at 10 a.m.
The girls junior varsity and varsity basketball teams will travel to Jac-Cen-Del to play a game that was postponed from Tuesday, January 21st. The jayvee game will begin at noon.
On Saturday night, the boys jayvee and varsity will entertain Milan for "Mike Night". The junior varsity game will begin at 6 p.m.
- On Saturday, February 8th, the Lady Pacers will host Oldenburg Academy for a 6 p.m. start. This is a makeup from a game that was postponed on Thursday, January 23rd.
On that same night, the boys junior varsity and varsity teams will travel to Franklin County for games beginning at 6 p.m.
- On Wednesday, February 12th, the boys will host Rising Sun in a 6 p.m. start. This is a game that was postponed from Friday, January 24th.
- On Saturday, February 15th, the boys will host South Ripley for an afternoon contest in a make up game that was postponed from Saturday, January 18th. The jayvee game will start at 11:30 a.m. that day, because that is also the day of the girls basketball Sectional championship game, which will be played later that night at Milan High School.
All game dates and times are subject to change again due to winter weather.