4/17/2014 3:00:00 PM Lady Pacers open track season with win
The Switzerland County girls varsity track team opened its season last Thursday night with a win in a three-way meet against Jac-Cen-Del and Rising Sun.
The Lady Pacers scored 77 points in the victory; followed by Jac-Cen-Del with 40 and Rising Sun with 35.
First place finishers included:
- McKayli Scudder won the high jump with a height of 4'10".
- Eve Galbreath won the shot put with a personal best effort of 34'9".
- The 3,200-meter relay team of Whitley Schirmer, Melissa Furnish, Cameron Ray, and Jade Mullins won their event in a time of 11:44.
- The 400-meter relay team of Moriah Northcutt, Bre Ricketts, Eve Galbreath, and Megan Dasis won in a time of :56.15.
- MacKenzie Covington won the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:07.
- Megan Dasis won the 200-meter dash in a time of :28.4.
- The 1,600-meter relay team of Megan Dasis, Jade Mullins, MacKenzie Covington, and Bre Ricketts won their event in a time of 4:51.
Second places were earned by:
- Megan Dasis in the long jump; Susie Reyes in the discus; Eve Galbreath in the 100-meter hurdles; Adeli Kinne in the 100-meter dash; Whitley Schirmer in the 1,600-meter run; Moriah Northcutt in the 300-meter hurdles; Audrey Kinne in the 800-meter run; Melissa Furnish in the 200-meter dash and the 400-meter dash; and Cameron Ray in the 3,200-meter run.
Finishing third overall were:
- Bre Ricketts in the 100-meter hurdles; Lisa Leoni in the 100-meter dash; and MacKenzie Covington in the 200-meter dash.
Earning fourth place points were:
- Adeli Kinne in the long jump; Susie Reyes in the shot put; Emily Campbell in the 400-meter dash; Anja Rotter in the 300-meter hurdles; Jade Mullins in the 800-meter run; and Lisa Leoni in the 200-meter dash.
The girls track team won the Carroll County Invitational last Friday night in a close one over the much larger team from Owen County.
The difference between the two teams was only four points - 192-188 - which is impressive considering that Switzerland was resting several key competitors coming off of a conference meet the night before.
The Lady Pacers triumphed over Owen County by winning 14 events on the night.
Individual results on the meet were not available.